Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Teacher's Gifts: DIY Monogrammed Clip Board

Good Morning Friends!

Today is the last day of school for my kids.  My oldest had his graduation from elementary school yesterday (I can not believe it!!!) and they are all having parties and lots of fun today.  I am going to be spending my whole day running between classes at the elementary school (with three little girls in tow) delivering teacher's gifts and bringing class party supplies, etc.  Should be crazy.  I'll let you know how that goes....

I thought I would share with you what we made for teacher's gifts this year.  I have seen this idea all over the blogisphere, but I didn't really copy anything I've seen out there.  The best thing about this project is that it is super cheap, but it comes across as something really special and personal.  I bought 6 plain clip boards, a big pack of really cute scrap book paper, pulled out my Modge Podge and went to town!

I had a friend of mine cut out the letters on her Silhouette, but you could easily do this by printing out the letters on printer paper, cutting them out and then tracing on the scrap book paper (would be a pain, but it's doable)....or even put your scrap book paper into the printer and print the letters directly onto the scrap book paper, you just have to make sure you remove all of the printed letter while you are cutting it out.  If you aren't familiar with the Modge Podge process....here's how it goes...really simple:

  • paint it on
  • stick the paper on
  • paint it over the paper
  • repeat if you want to add more layers of paper
  • let it dry


Here are the first two we made for my daughter's preschool teachers.  The kids call these teachers by their first names, so we used first names for them
.
#1.Front 


#1. Back


#2. Front


#2. Back


I tried to choose papers that seemed to go along with their personalities.  Not sure how well I did, but they both seemed to like them! 

The next four are for the elementary school teachers.  I went with initials only for these, since the kids don't call these teachers by their first names.  

#3. Front


#3. Back


#4. Front



#4. Back


#5. Front


#5. Back


#6. Front


#6. Back

I thought they were all so fun!  I can't wait to see what the teachers think of them :)  

After letting them all dry for 24 hours, I sprayed them down with a clear coat poly (in a spray paint).  It helps keep them from being tacky.  They didn't feel tacky, but in my experience, things finished with Modge Podge will stick together if something is left against it for a long time....and clip boards will probably have papers stuck to them for more than five minutes.  I'd hate for the papers to stick to the modge podge...so better safe than sorry.  

Hope you all have a great day!  
xoxo
Anna 

linked up at 
liz marie blog












5 comments:

  1. Wow - great job! This is clever and so stinkin' adorable. This is going on my crafting to-do list. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool and creative. Adding this to my list of potentials!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!! I have a bunch of teachers that I need to make gifts for... I want to try this!! Thanks so much for coming to link up at Motivational Monday!
    Kendra @ www.joyinourhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these monogrammed clipboards! They are such a sweet teacher's gift. I adore the scrapbook paper you use. May I ask, who's it by? Thanks for sharing at the Frugal Crafty Home Blog Hop! You will be featured this Sunday @8 pm central :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These clipboards are so cute. I love the pretty colors, and I'm sure these would bright any teachers day.

    ReplyDelete